over 6 years ago
Two weeks to go – submit early!
There are two weeks left to build an app that helps Casablanca commuters enjoy shared rides with a faster, safer, and more cost- and time-efficient journey.
Submissions are due October 4 before 5pm ET. Find out what time that is in your city.
If you haven't started a submission yet, please do so now. And if you've just recently joined the hackathon, explore the quick-start guide and draw some inspiration from the competition resources.
You can also check out our video tutorial on how to use the hackathon submission form.
Before you say "ship it!", make sure you run through this list:
- Does your solution focus on improving the shared taxi experience in Morocco and making shared rides faster, safer, and more cost- and time-efficient for taxi drivers and their passengers?
- [if you decided to address one of the OPTIONAL mini-challenges]: Does your app help riders choose their taxi co-passengers, as well as where riders are picked up (on route v. via detour); OR help travelers who arrive at the airport and take the train (or shuttle) to the Tramway into Casablanca or Rabat quickly find or schedule taxis for pickup from the Tramway stops; OR improve safety for women riders - by offering a way to ride only with other women, etc.?
- Have you created a submission video? Does your video clearly demonstrate how your solution works? Is it no more than five minutes long? (Tip: How to make a great submission video)
- Have you included at least one or more screenshots of your solution?
- Have you provided Devpost with access to your app for judging and testing by including an active URL where your app is deployed?
Be sure to read through the official rules more than once. Or better yet, have a friend or colleague provide a second pair of eyes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
We're here to help. If you have any questions about the hackathon, post on the discussion forum or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll respond as soon as we can. You can also post a question in the hackathon Slack channel.